When you purchase music from Capo Productions, you buy a license that gives you permission to use the music without having to pay royalties.
This is a license agreement between Capo Productions and you, the Licensee (Purchaser of the license). The Licensee agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
Capo Productions authorizes the Licensee the limited and non-exclusive right, under a worldwide and perpetual basis, to use the music in the commercial settings set out below without having to pay royalties. The copyright and exclusivity on the music/licensed piece/work referred to as “Work” shall remain only that of Capo Productions which maintains full ownership of same. Work is protected by international and Canadian copyright laws and shall remain Capo Productions at all times.
The commercial license allows Licensee to use the Work purchased only in the following circumstances:
- Commercial video production Licensee created for distribution and selling of wedding videos, corporate videos and promotional videos.
- DVD packages featuring interactive media, learning software and other type of multimedia contents.
- Websites, Pod Casts.
- Internet broadcasting on video sharing sites such as Vimeo and YouTube.
- Ambience music for restaurants, public locations and waiting on hold.
- Monetization of Licensee’s videos using overlay ads on YouTube.
- Games intended for sale on iPhone/Ipad and other electronic platforms.
- Radio uses for advertisement and background music.
- Television usages such as for advertisement spots and shows.
- Film and documentary productions that are not intended for Mass Broadcasting. In this case mass broadcasting is defined as the presentation of motion pictures in national and international movie theaters; to do so an extended license must be acquired from Capo Productions. The Licensee must contact Capo Productions via the site contact form if it is unsure whether their project falls under the scope of “mass broadcasting”.
The commercial license is limited by the following conditions:
- Licensee shall not sell the Work as-is or include it in an audio compilation for re-sale and distribution.
- Licensee may not sample the work and incorporate it in to another musical arrangement composed by other artists.
- Licensee may not transfer, share, give away or sublease the license agreement or the Work to any other party.
- Licensee shall not sing over the Work or sell it on Itunes.
- Licensee may not claim that the Capo Productions Work is Licensee’s own.
- Licensee may not add the Work or any derived works to the YouTube copyright Content Id detection system or any other similar systems.
- Licensee shall not use the Work in a defamatory, anti-religious or racist manner.
The commercial license grants the Licensee the right to re-use the same Work multiple times in different projects. There is no expiration on the license.
Capo Productions warrants that it has the right to license the Work hereunder. Capo Productions total liability shall be limited to the amount of the fee paid by the Licensee. No warranty, other than what is setout herein, or recourse is hereby granted to the Licensee.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Province of Quebec, Canada. Any disagreement or dispute relating to this agreement, or consequential upon its interpretation or application, will be subject to mandatory mediation; the mediator will be designated by the parties. If no agreement is reached within 60 days of the appointment of the mediator, the dispute will be permanently decided by arbitration, to the exclusion of the courts, according to the laws of Québec. Both the mediation and arbitration shall take place in Montreal, Québec, Canada.